CrazyStone Series #1

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo recently I got the CrazyStone Deep Learning program. Set at around 1 dan, I decided to play a best two out of three series against it. Unlimited time, 1 dan, and nigri for color.

To give some context, this was also around the time that Cho Chikun was playing against Zen. I felt kinda sorta motivated by that, I think, and so I decided to do this. Hope you all enjoy the games :) I didn't comment on them because I don't think I did too well but I did alright, I guess ðŸ˜‰



Game #1



Game #2



Game #3



I've written a couple times about how I feel regarding artificial intelligence and its complicated relationship with this beautiful game. Through these games, I learned so much about Go, almost more than I've learned in the past ten games I've played online. I must say, this is a truly magnificent program and I would recommend it to just about anyone.

A couple comments on the games:


  • CrazyStone is really strong in the opening. I always felt that I was behind starting out the games.
  • Reading capturing races is absolutely crucial to having a good game against CrazyStone. Often times, it will make mistakes causing capturing races but once you see one coming up, it goes without saying that CrazyStone will punish any mistake.
  • I learned a great deal of appreciation for life and death problems with these games. I spent so much time reading corners and small groups and I would absolutely say that is the reason I did not lose the second or third game.

Comments

Popular Posts